Tuesday, August 5, 2014

yo na-poat kee-va-noak

Debrecen, a place I haven’t quite adopted or rejected. It certainly is boring, but most of my day is filled with concentrated joy. Maybe, by the end of the day, I’m burned out from the excess joy and an above average night seems dull. I’m a seventeen-year-old boy who harbors two great loves, one for science and one for art. Each day I spend here I’m given free reign to explore both. On the science end, I’ve ventured down to the infinitesimal world of molecules and ion channels. On the art end, I’ve been accumulating a mental museum filled with classical and modern European art. And, if you know me, I’ve also spent fragments of my time training. The gym here is solid, but they seem to think that Jay Cutler endorses them. They’ve got his image on everything and they even call themselves “Cutler Gym”. When I get sufficiently inspired, I will tell you all about the strange goings on in there. But for now, let’s start the old fashioned way.

I’m Jay Silverstein and I’ve been told many times that writing helps pass the time. Therefore, I will write.

Expect posts every so often. Keeping a regular schedule would probably lead to missed deadlines. I also want to make this like an open conversation. I encourage you to respond and share your own thoughts. Please call out any ugly sentences or grammatical mistakes. Those are always fun.


In the words of Tigger the bouncing tiger, TTFN (ta-ta for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment